Les Ballets Jazz de Montréal present a master class in contemporary dance with company artist Andrew Mikhaiel.
Teaching dance is a priority for BJM on tour. This is a unique opportunity to encounter the ideas of young creators who are well on their way to becoming the leading choreographers of tomorrow. Class with this renowned company will begin with a half hour warm-up routine, followed by work on excerpts from the company’s repertoire in connection with their Grand OnStage 2019-20 season performance of Dance Me. This class is an excellent development opportunity for recreational, competitive, pre-professional and professional dance artists, and is aimed at dancers with intermediate to advanced dance technique, aged 13+.
This free master class is presented by Grand OnStage and the City of Kingston. This class will take place on Tuesday, February 25th, 2020 at 10:00-11:30 am at 5678 Dance Studio located at 365 Nelson Street, Kingston, Ontario. Special thanks to 5678 Dance Studio.
This class is for teen/youth and adult dancers:
- Participants should be intermediate or senior students, pre-professional or professional dancers
- Space is limited to 20 participants
- Classes demand physical agility and endurance
- Come dressed to move freely in shorts, tights, or sweats, ideally with jazz shoes or light sneakers.
- A personally labeled water bottle is suggested
Please note the following:
- Registrations are processed on a first come, first served basis
- A waiting list will be maintained should vacancies become available
- All participants will be required to complete a participation waiver in order to attend (no exceptions)
- Minors (aged 17 and younger) require the signature of a parent or guardian on their waiver