Over the past year we have seen a steady increase in patrons accidentally clicking on the top link of their search engine and purchasing tickets from websites that are not associated with the Grand Theatre. This is an easy mistake to make, as these sites pay websites like Bing, Google and Yahoo to be at the top of the search results. These sites often charge you in US dollars and take a huge commission to purchase tickets from kingstongrand.ca and then pass along extra fees to you, the customer.
Here are some tips to make sure that you are purchasing tickets from the correct site:
1. After you do a search, look at the website address. If it is something other than the venue that you are looking for, be wary. The Grand Theatre uses Tixhub as our ticketing system, so after you click on "Buy tickets" from our site, you will go to another site. Make sure that the site that you are on always has the Grand Theatre logo on it in the top left hand corner.
2. Click on links from trusted sources. If you are not sure if you are on the correct site, go to a Grand Theatre email that you have received, or visit twitter.com/Kingston_Grand and facebook.com/kingstongrandtheatre to make sure you are on the Official Grand Theatre website.
3. Carefully look at the search engine results. Does it have a little 'ad' next to it? If so, that might be a ticket party reseller, so take extra caution.
4. Check out the fine print. A screenshot from a ticket reseller will have a statement at the top to show its policy.
5. Still not sure? Contact us at grandtheatre2 [at] cityofkingston.ca or call the box office at 613-530-2050. We can direct you to the correct website or process your payment over the phone.
We want to make sure our patrons are not overpaying for their tickets. Please contact us with any questions or concerns, and make sure to double-check the fine print before you buy tickets online. We look forward to seeing you at the Grand.