Measha Brueggergosman peforms on our Regina Rosen stage on Friday February 28. Get your tickets today.
1. Her surname is a combination of her maiden name, Gosman, and her husband Markus' surname, Bruegger.
Measha says she had trouble deciding the order of the combined last names, either Brueggergosman or Gosmanbruegger. Eventually, Measha stated “I couldn’t see any other way. Gosmanbruegger is way too clunky. Of course, Brueggergosman just rolls off the tongue.”
2. She performed at the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
Ms. Brueggergosman performed the Olympic Hymn for the Opening Ceremonies for 3.2 billion viewers.
3. She is a Bikram Yoga devotee as well as an occasional instructor.
During Measha’s first experience with Bikram yoga, she stated “My first class was a complete disaster; I stuck with it but thought, ‘If I live to walk out of this class, I’m never going back.’” It just so happened that a year later, she rediscovered that, of all other exercises, Bikram yoga is actually the best fit for her.
4. It’s a boy! Measha gave birth to her son, Shepherd Peter Brueggergosman, in 2012.
Shepherd made his debut on camera in the music video, Whole to My Half , a song which Measha co-wrote and recorded with David Myles. The video also features Myles’ daughter, Maria.
5. She's not only an amazing vocalist but she can act as well.
Measha’s role in the TV series, Murdoch Mysteries, coincidentally reflected her real life occupation as an opera singer. The actress played Madame Rosa Hamilton in the season five episode, 'Murdoch at the Opera'.